*A little note to my blog - I'd like to apologize for my long absence. I didn't really have time to write, since lot of things have been going on. And because things exciting enough for you guys don't happen every day, I decide to change daily posts to week posts. It's easier for me and less boring reading to you. :)
As you all know, I was starting a relationship. This guy seemed to be perfect - tall, handsome and an exact version of my if I was a guy. After our first date, we hung out a few times, went for drinks and laughed the whole time we were together. Since my roommate was having a party in the house, I invited Josh as well. Why not, he's Puerto Rican, they'll get along. :) And they have. I wore my batman dress with super shiny stockings (by mistake) and we were having jello shots, listening to loud hip-hop and rnb. Josh was very social and friendly. That is a must for me in relationship. My roomies loved him instantly.
Later on in the week, I met a Mohammed and went to visit Harlem again. He told me there is a really good restaurant there. And afterwards we would go to the Bronx Museum. We went to the Harlem Tavern and the neighborhood was nice. It was "Harlemy" but not dangerous. This part was still safe. But I could see that a few years ago this was not a safe place. There was still that tense atmosphere and watch-out. Some buildings looked like they've been through a lot.
The restaurant was very nice. It took awhile before the server even noticed us and wasn't really educated about their menu or happy hour. After 3 minutes of trying to get the happy hour menu out of him I ordered a mojito and chicken fingers. The mojito was fab and the chicken fingers even better, however to me they weren't exactly the size of fingers, but like 3 medium sized schnitzels with random dips. Mohammed had to help me. But it was soooo goood. And cheap. Definitely recommend people to go there. And it's right by the subway.
Now, the picture you see above is an apartment building in Harlem. Each apartment is for about $1 mil and above. The west side of Harlem is going up and becoming a luxury neighborhood. I really liked it there, but the fact that I can't even afford Harlem now scares me! :D
After dinner we took the subway to the Bronx. Finally. I will be in the Bronx live, touching the ground with my feet. We got out of the station. It was dark and quiet. I was the only white person around. We got to the museum and it was closed. "Oh god, it's a trap, I'm dead now. I am dead!!!" my brain told me. There were a few people in the museum but they informed us it's closed already. Too bad.. Next time. I then went home. And got there safe and alive. :) Two notorious neighborhoods in one night. And I survived. I think I'll be fine here.
He is a Jew? D.
ReplyDelete