I am very privileged to work in downtown NYC. I could of ended up in Jersey, Newark or other boroughs in New York. But I work in the heart of Manhattan. It is the first time I love to walk to work. I need walking, especially being an office rat. Usually when you walk to work, you put your headphones in or are on the phone and just walk. You completely block your surroundings. You're in your own tunnel that leads you to work and then home.
I've realized in NYC that it would be a shame to do that. I walk around Macy's and explore the season's new trends in fashion. I look up across the street and see the Empire State Building standing stiffly and watching over Midtown. I cross Broadway and turn to 6th Ave. where I check out the latest from Victoria's Secret, pass the bakery and smell the Red Velvet Cupcakes and the morning coffee, skip the puddles and slush like a ballerina, turn right and I'm at work where I greet the doorman with a nice smile and receive the same back. Yes, I do see all of this even though I am in a bad mood. It actually cheers me up. What irritates me is the people. They don't know how to walk. Every idiot should wear a "I make sudden stops and turns" sign on their back.
When I go walk back from work, I basically see the same. The only difference is that the Empire State Building is wearing colors that change. Either red and blue or colors of the basketball teams. On Vday it shines in red and the lights have a beat of the heart. So it flickers. I love the Empire State Building, to me it is a sign of NYC as the Sears Tower is of Chicago and the TV Tower is of Zizkov. If anyone would like to propose to me, please do it there.
It's gorgeous and prime, absolutely divine. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment