A friend of mine who is reading my blog wrote me one of the greatest compliments ever. "You are my new Carrie Bradshaw." Every girl who comes to NYC wants to be a Carrie Bradshaw. We all watched the show of 4 girlfriends experiencing the fabulous life in New York with all their sad, happy and funny love episodes.
Before coming to New York, I read many living and trip advisory and the first thing mentioned there is that "Sex and The City doesn't exist". Well, it doesn't. And does. It depends how you live your life and the choices you make. The show is real in the restaurants and bars and the people around. Except that you'll never get into those restaurants and bars. But you will meet the people. The crazy ones that is. :) The show is about love and relationships and how women handle them and define them. This part is completely true and every woman around the world has her Mr. Big.
I am living my own Sex and The City. I meet men (or boys) who try to take me on dates or who took my on dates and then wouldn't speak to me because I "wouldn't give it to them". This happens all around the world though. My friends tell me: "I bet you'll find the one there! He's there, it's New York City!" I maybe will and I maybe won't. Yes, I did come here for my job and my goal is to find my husband. Not boy-toy, no boyfriend for 2 months. I am looking for my bf, partner in crime, future father of my children and death-bed partner. But it is hard. It is very hard, especially today in the social media life to find a man, that will not cheat, want the same things, be loving, caring, not glued to the phone or playstation and nice. These are the basics to a relationship. The elder generation reading this must be laughing. But today it is true. This is "all" we need. The standards have gone so down, that it is sad.
And when you do find it, you still have to be careful. A friend of mine was in a long-term relationship. The guy was tall, handsome, highly intelligent, had a great job. He would do anything for her. They lived apart. She lives with her roomies, he with his. He has a playstation but found time to hang out with her. They would cook, throw parties, make amazing love to each other and go for vacations in exotic locations. She was ready to put him in the serious file. And trust me, she does not do that with just anyone. He proved to be the Prince on the White Horse. One day when they were on their lovely vacation sitting on the beach watching the sun set, she brought up the topic of living and what she would like in the future. She mentioned that maybe in about half a year she would like them to start looking for places and in about 3-5 years she would like to have kids. It was just a thought, not a given plan. The guy freaked out. He didn't say much, just the "I'll think about it." which to me is "no no no no no!" in men's language. After that, things started to go downhill. All of a sudden the playstation took over. He didn't have time, he would stay home and play video games with his roomies. From acting like he wants to be serious and a Prince, he became a toad who likes to sit around and do nothing. And so my friend "wasted" another part of her life. The clock is ticking and she is yet again single and hope is going down. The thought of her being single for the rest of her life is becoming more and more a reality. And this is what us ladies encounter everyday around the world. So the show really should be Sex and The World.
My Sex and The City is very mine. I just came here and I am dating the city. It shows me it's beauty, intelligence, power, but also its flaws. I was once called a "cold hearted emotionless b****" by my ex. Well NYC is making me love again. I can feel the ice melt from my heart and it feels marvelous. I spend my time observing, occasionally shopping or slobbering around store on 5th Avenue. But lovies, keep reading, because it will be very Sex and The City soon... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment