Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day 32 - Mr.Big Saved My Nails

Since I was a child, I would bite my nails. My Ma said it was due to the fact that she took my pacifier away from me a bit too early. Also, it's a common sign of nervosis. I never thought of myself to be a person who's nervous, but later on I figured out that when I was nervous, my finger would suddenly work they way in my mouth.

I stopped biting my nails 2 - 3 years ago. And I stopped immediately, like cold turkey. Many of you who have this problem ask how? Well, it was due to my at that time boyfriend. I call him my Mr. Big and he is that person today, even though we are not dating. We are very good friends to this day and he is my mentor and in some ways idol. One day we were sitting in his kitchen and he looked at my hands and said: "You're nails are so disgusting it makes me sick. You have to stop biting them because I am not attracted to this. Vice versa, it makes me sick!" And so I stopped. Right away. I felt ashamed. And not just in front of him, but people in the subway, tram, my friends and family. I would hide my fingers. Two months after him telling me this and my nails being long a pretty, he broke up with me. :D

When you get rid of one addiction, you usually substitute it with another. Mine now was nail polish. No, I don't drink it like the crazy ladies on the Internet and in the "My Crazy Obsessions" show, but I have to have them polished and pretty all the time. Once it chips, I'm nervous. The trick therefore to not biting my nails is nail polish. I also purchased a nail hardener because I could bend my nails easily and when they got to a certain length, they would just break off.

So, in conclusion, when you wanna stop, just stop. It really looks better!



No comments:

Post a Comment