I never liked the gym. I never liked to exercise really. But afterwards you always feel good. And you look good. In New York, you have to look good. You have look interesting and different. You have to have something to show. I have my eyes and my smile and hair. That's about it. I'm white, will never ever be tan. I am a bit hunched. I have a phobia of being fat. I was never fat, but once I was bigger. And since then I have this phobia. And so I go to the gym. Also because of our fitness challenge at work. The entry fee was $30. I am not loosing that. That's two dinners for me.
I go to Lucille Roberts. It's where Amy goes and where she goes, I go. It's an all women's gym. I didn't like the thought at first but it's actually very comfortable. You really don't care how you look like and therefore you can schvitz more so you work out more. The only men are the trainers. The gym has machines, a work-out space, lockers and then a room for classes. The classes are women-orientated so you know you won't die.
I go to body-boxing or what's it called on Tuesdays. You punch around in the air, work your abs, arms and legs. The first time I went I thought I'll die but felt good. The best part is that the gym is right around the corner of my house. Perfect.
The one thing I don't like about the gym is that it sounds sometimes like I am in an airport in the Dominican Republic. The girls at the front desk are Dominican and they yell out announcements about discounts, events etc. in a microphone. It is soooo loud that you can hear her clearly through the microphone. And their voices are high-pitched. It gets to be soooo annoying, oi! Otherwise they're really nice. For ladies who are about to move here, visit the gym, it's all around town. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment