Saturday, April 4, 2015

Day 36 - Queens

Queens is an interesting neighborhood. As any neighborhood in NYC, it has its good parts and bad parts. Danny lives close to Kew Gardens and that part is good. Very good actually. But it borders with Jamaica, which isn't so good. I mean the name says it all right? :D

In about a year, I'd like to have a place of my own and am therefore researching the neighborhoods. I actually really like Queens. It's calm, has all the stuff you need in a walking distance and is clean. It seems to be dog friendly neighborhood too, which is my priority. The bars are nice, the restaurants have good prices. The biggest con is travel to the city. My god, if the subway runs on time here it's a miracle. Even taxi cabs come 40 minutes late. And that is my biggest problem and reason I will probably not live her. Also, the prices are crazy. Danny lives in a house that is split into two apartments. He has the first floor. The apartment is really nice and he has his own backyard for the dog. The house belongs to his family, but he has to pay for maintenance. And that is over $1000 per month plus utilities. So he is basically paying a rent.

In New York, you pay extra for silence, cleanliness and no pests. I better marry a millionaire.



The weather in NYC became very cold. That day it was minus 14 degrees Celsius and very windy. It is said that this winter was one of the coldest in history. Of course, because I just looooooove winter. Where are the polar bears then?



No comments:

Post a Comment