Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 13 - Jerseyliscious Bags and The Dark Bronx

Finally! FINALLY! Shopping Day!!! Juchuuu! A woman's favorite thing to do. You get new things and shopping is like exercise. You walk for MILES before you find the right shirt, dress, bra, bag etc. that you actually loose weight!

My goal was to find a new bag. One that could substitute my beloved Coach and somewhat my Mohito bag. I knew it was going to be a hard task, but the place where I was going to had a Coach, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein and so on. Plus it was an outlet, so the prices would be cheap. Bargain!

Sergio picked me up before lunch. First, we went to Walmart. The last time I was in Walmart was 5 years ago. I love Walmart, it has everything. Food, cosmetics, clothes and you can even get a lawnmower there or your car washed. I needed to pimp out my room a bit for cheap, plus I was out of Cheetos so off we went. Sergio found a Walmart on our way to the outlet, located in Jersey. But man, oh man did I choose a day for shopping - Sunday. Parking lot full, lines of cars to get to Walmart. Great. And yes, when we got in, it was packed. However, I am quite the quick shopper when it comes to furniture or cosmetics or Cheetos. I take, pay and go. My whole purchase was for apprx. $120. For this amount I got a CoverGirl make-up, lamp with shelves, laundry bag, little shelves for storage, garbage can and as usual, the beloved snack of mine. Yup! It's that cheap! That's why I love Walmart.

Next stop - Jersey Outlet. I was excited. The drive to the outlet was looong. And the deeper we got into Jersey, the uglier and more depressing it became.






The boxes that you see is a very VERY long train with containers. The place basically looked like that all around. Containers, trains, cranes and in the middle a highway. The outlet is located by the Newark Airport. Gosh, it's ugly! And Newark is creepy. I was so creeped out that I didn't even take pictures.

We arrived to the outlet. The Jersey Garden Outlet. It is HUMUNGOUS. At least from the outside. You can't walk around it from the outside, you have to drive. Walking around is about a 20 - 30 minute walk. We got in and went straight to get food, because our tummies were rumbling. The mall has a food court which contains mostly fast foods. But it had a Mediterranean sandwich store. I got a mozzarella and sun-dried tomato sandwich - two pieces of bread with the tomatoes and cheese in between. $ 10. "That's not really an outlet price!" I thought. Sergie got a Caesar salad. Same price. The only thing that was Mediterranean about was, that it had a citrusy flavor. Otherwise it was Italian. The food was really good though.

We spent about 2 hours in the mall. I'll be very short here. It was a disaster. Complete disappointment. The clothes - ok, some maybe were fine. The prices? Hiiiighhhh. Discounts? Maybe 50 % max. We went to Coach, a $387 bag was for $280. I didn't and couldn't spend that much. I was ready to cry. I chose one Coach bag, but it was in the $200 price range and I didn't know if it was a good investment. With me, expensive bags are an investment for the next 5 years. My bags last forever. And I choose them wisely. The style, the color and shape. They have to fit into the future fashion. Some bags are out of fashion in one season. You have to choose a bag that will last at least for a year in the fashion sector and quality wise for at 3 years. Welllll thank god for Calvin Klein. Because Mr. Calvin Klein sent me a bag from above that is divine. At first, I wasn't sure, but the next day, when I saw it in daylight, I knew it was a great investment (still miss my Coach). See below and envy ladies, envy.





I also took a picture of the most interesting clothes I've seen in a store for sale:




Anyway, Calvin Klein cost me $159. Yup! Great investment. And this bag will last. The material is durable, the color is grey, so you can match it with anything. It's not too big but also not to small, I can easily fit my laptop in it. Also make-up, clothes and cosmetics. It has tons of pockets and I love it.

When I finally got my bag, Sergio took me for a milkshake. There was this diner in the outlet, it looked very old-fashioned. And it was full. There was a line to get in, but as typical New-Yorkers in Jersey and not respecting the Jersians, we cut it. We received some hollars, but as typical New-Yorkers, ignored them and ordered our shakes. Cookie Dough and Strawberry. Mnam mnam mnam! Childhood memories....





Sergio promised me that day to take me to the Bronx. We were exhausted and just wanted to go home. But the weather forecast wouldn't let us. There was a big snowstorm coming and Sergio needed a shovel. He didn't realize it until on our way home so in the end we decided to go to Bronx. To get back to the Island, you have to cross the bridge, in our case the George Washington Bridge. And you have to pay a toll to get into NYC. $14!!!! I've never seen a toll to be so high. But once you get back downtown, it's gorgeous. You just feel so sophisticated and proud that you live in NYC. Cuz Jersey really sucks.





Once you get across the Island, you cross another bridge (I don't remember the name) and you enter the Bronx. Maybe it's a placebo, but alll of sudden you feel a tinge bit intimidated. It's quiet yell loud. It's dark yet there are lights ... almost everywhere. There aren't much people around. It welcomes you but also you feel afraid. Or at least that's how I felt. In the Bronx, you just don't feel safe. You're aware. You know what's going around you, but you feel completely blind. You feel like a child entering a Haunted House and not knowing what to expect. I tried taking pictures from the car, but they're smudgy a bit. Sry, my Apple isn't a professional camera. It's an Apple.






I think the first picture says it all. Well, there you go. Basically three boroughs and Jersey in one day. How about that! :) And a bag!





No comments:

Post a Comment