Monday. What can happen on a Monday. Another day at work, it was getting super cold. The subway yet again was stuffy. When I get on the subway to work, it surprises me what positions I can be in for a long time. My favorite is the "Punctured Rib". It's a lady's handbag in your side. It could also be the "Pre-explosive Appendix". Then the "Reversed Hunchback of the NYC" is someone standing behind you with a backpack on. I once even had a backpack in my side. That was the worst.
I had more training. More new information. More tricks in the system and more emails. The was snow storm warning and later on in the day we got an email that we're not going to work. Even though I just started this job and it excites me, but I needed an extra day off. The snow started to lightly fall to the ground.
I walked towards the 34 Penn Station and the snow started to fall quite heavily actually. On 6th and 34th I saw two young men trying to take a picture of themselves. But they spoke in another language. A language I knew ... they were Czech. And not only that, they were from Moravia. I first stopped and looked at them with a smile, then made two steps to go, but made up my mind. I went straight to them and asked the in Czech if they want me to take a picture of them. At first, they looked at me like I was an alien. Then a huge smile ripped through their mouth and they greeted me with honest happiness and surprise. They were happy to see a Czech person as was I. I was handed the camera and my stomach sunk. It was a fancy schmancy wannabe professional camera and they wanted a picture in mid-air. "Oh my god, what did I get myself into." I thought to myself. I somewhat failed at taking the mid-air picture, but we exchanged contacts and promised to meet again in the next upcoming days. I warned them about the storm, said good-bye and headed to Duane Reade to get toilet paper. Because you never know.
I am trying to start taking secret photos of people who have interesting clothing or have a weird sense of fashion. But what is "weird" fashion really? When you look at haute couture shows, you see all kinds of stuff that is beautiful and models have it on. But would you wear it in public? If not, why? Lady Gaga does. As a singer, I'm not a big fan of her, but as a fashion icon ... she's genius. Finally someone came out with something new. If you've noticed, fashion trends roll over in circles. The bell shaped pants were here already 3x, super skinny pants about 4x. Flower prints are a hit almost every summer, and at least every second summer. But Lady Gaga brought the future.
And so did this woman who I was on the train ride home that day. On the picture I'll show you, she doesn't seem that extravagant. I took it from the corner, trying to hide because I don't think people would be very happy. But she had a dark green woven dress, black stockings and boots, a black long faux-fur vest, 60s glasses and pearl earrings with little diamonds around them. Nothing unusual huh? But her hat ... her hat was incredible. It was earth green and it had a closed flower on top. It looked like the flower was about to open up and blossom. It fit the outfit, yet it looked a little wacky.
She looked strict a read a what looked to be like a sophisticated book. She eyed everyone that got on the subway for about a minute, like she was reading their life and then got back to her reading or her phone.
I got home and everyone was talking about the storm and checking if they have enough food at home. I was wondering what it'll be like. I didn't stay home because of snow storm for years. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment